Beware! These 5 Household Items Are Toxic To Dogs!

Start Reading

1) Rat Bait

This poisons rats and dogs. Too often, dogs eat it. It's used indoors and outdoors, and a dog can eat a poisoned mouse and ingest it.

Rat bait can cause neurotoxicity or internal hemorrhage. Most often, the dog's clotting ability is impaired, causing internal bleeding and death.

2) Mothballs

Mothballs, being a pesticide, should be stored in an area that is inaccessible to animals. When swallowed, the naphthalene found in mothballs can be extremely harmful.

There is a possibility that your dog will show symptoms of gastrointestinal distress. For your own protection, store mothballs in an airtight container.

3) Detergent Pods

Soaps are used to clean items we use every day, so you might not think they would be very dangerous. However, they are highly toxic to dogs.

Keep them locked up and out of reach at all times since your dog will try to eat them if they see them in pod form.

4) Indoor Plants

The dangers of houseplants are often overlooked by their owners. Some plants are harmless while others might be fatal.

Remove the plant and rinse your dog's mouth if it eats a hazardous plant. Bring them to a vet for emergency care.

5) Ibuprofen

You probably pop Advil for a headache or muscle discomfort. If your dog eats these drugs, it might be fatal.

Dogs have narrow therapeutic limits, therefore a modest dose of pain medication, such as ibuprofen or naproxen, can be hazardous to them.

Check Out Our More Interesting Stories

Click Here