Here are some advantages of dressing properly beyond the obvious one of being kinder to yourself:
1) You'll be taken seriously. Whether you're seeking a raise at work or a favor from your significant other, looking professional will increase the likelihood.
2) You'll be more confident. It has been repeatedly demonstrated that the clothes you wear have a direct effect on how you feel about yourself.
3) You'll be treated more kindly. Studies indicate that well-dressed individuals are more likely to be aided in times of need and even less likely to become victims of crime.
4) You'll be assumed successful. People judge others based on appearance, which isn't fair. Dress well to appear successful.
5) You'll get greater respect. Dressing appropriately will gain you the respect of people around you, from your boss to your doorman.
6) You are more likely to obtain what you desire. Whether it's a table at a packed restaurant or a flight upgrade, a decent appearance can help you achieve your goals in life.
7) You'll have a better opinion of yourself. When you look nice, you feel good; it's as simple as that. If you are dissatisfied with your appearance, it is time to make a change.
8) You'll have more fun. Dressing up isn't just for special occasions—it can be daily. Invest in your clothing if you're tired of feeling frumpy and unnoticeable.
9) You'll make friends. Feeling happy about yourself is contagious. When you're out, you never know who you'll meet, so look your best.